Attention All Students

The JWC priority deadline for the 2018-2019 FAFSA is February 1st. The financial aid application process must be complete by August 1st for fall enrollment and November 1st for spring enrollment! Please contact the Financial Aid Office immediately if these dates have already passed.

Click each to see more.

  • What is John Wesley University code for all federal financial aid forms?
    • 013819
  • Where can I get information about federal programs?
    • is a federal website that translates financial aid terminology and procedures into plain language, including information about federal programs.
  • What if I’m getting a late start?
    • Complete this checklist as soon as possible. Once completed, contact the Financial Aid Office for further instructions.
  • How can I receive federal student aid?
  • How can my family and I figure out how much we might be able to receive in federal financial assistance?
    • The FAFSA4caster is a free financial aid calculator that gives you an early estimate of your eligibility for federal student aid. This information helps families plan ahead for college. However, this is just an estimate and you will need to complete the FAFSA in order to receive an official award from the university.
  • What are some other sources for student financial aid? How can I learn more?
  • What should my family and I be doing to prepare for the expenses of a college education?
    • It is never too early to start saving for college! Here is some information on how to save for college and some different savings plans available.
  • What if I’m an adult student who’s never been to college, or started but never finished?
    • Here is a checklist to help you get started (again). It is also important to contact the Financial Aid Office once you have completed the checklist.
  • What are the deadlines for filing FASFA?
    • John Wesley University encourages you to file your FAFSA on or soon after October 1st. However, if you or your parents have filed an extension, recently filed your taxes or know that your taxes are not yet processed by the IRS, you will want to wait and complete the FAFSA until these are completed. For priority consideration regarding financial aid, John Wesley University’s priority deadline is February 1st for returning students and May 1st for new and transfer students.
  • Both my parents and I really need help with getting financial aid. Should we pay for someone to help us?
    • Free information is available from your school counselor, the financial aid office at the college or school you plan to attend or the U.S. Department of Education. Go to or call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243) or 1-800-730-8913 (TTY for the hearing impaired). Free help is available anytime during the application process. You should never have to pay for help.
  • I am a veteran. What benefit can I receive if I attend John Wesley University?
    • John Wesley University is approved for training U.S. Military Veterans. Veterans who are interested in pursuing degrees at John Wesley University should contact the local office of the Department of Veterans Affairs for information regarding financial support for their education. Veterans should also notify the Registrar’s Office of their intent to pursue financial support from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Sources of educational support include:
      • The Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30),
      • VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31),
      • Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35),
      • Montgomery GI Bill for Reserve Component/National Guard Members (Chapter 1606), and
      • The Post 911 GI Bill.
    • Additional information is available at the Department of Veterans Affairs’ website. Official copies of form DD214 and Letter of Eligibility must be on file in the Registrar’s Office, and copies of additional military experience and training (not included on form DD214) must be submitted to the Registrar for evaluation of academic credit, using the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services (American Council on Education). A Letter of Eligibility must also be on file in the Registrar’s Office.

NOTE: Due to the ever-changing nature of financial aid, please consult John Wesley University’s Financial Aid Office regarding the latest regulations and requirements for applying for financial aid.