John Wesley University Financial Policy and Payments

  • If you’re a student taking on-campus classes, you must pay in full by the first day of class.
  • If you’re taking distance education classes, payment must be in the Business Office one week before the first day of class for each session.
  • To set-up a payment plan, you must do so before the first day of class by contacting the Business Office and completing a Payment Plan Agreement Form.  If a payment is late while on the payment plan, there will be a $25 fee. For more regulations regarding your payment plan, please refer to your completed Agreement Form.

Failure to make payment before the first day of class, and again by the last day of drop/add, may result in the student being dropped from all classes.

John Wesley University’s policy is that “payment in full is expected at registration for all charges due at that time.”

  1. Credit Card – payments will be processed a week before the first day of class. Credit Card payments may be handled:
    1. over the phone, by calling 336-887-3000
    2. in person, by visiting the Business Office on campus.
  2. Personal Check – payments must be received in the Business Office a week before the first day of class.
    1. Make checks payable to:  John Wesley University
    2. Deliver your check the Business Office on campus or
    3. Send checks to:
      Business Office
      John Wesley University
      1215 Eastchester Drive
      High Point, NC  27265
  3. Financial Aid – (Pell Grants, SEOG, Direct Loans, or John Wesley Scholarships) will typically post to the student’s account during the first two weeks of classes of any given Semester.  Any amount not covered by financial aid must be paid by cash, check, or credit card before the first day of class. This may be calculated by subtracting the amount of financial aid offered for the fall semester on your award letter with your semester’s billing statement on your KanopySIS.
  4. Third Party Contributions – (church, corporation, friends, and relatives) must be paid in the Business Office one week before the first day of class. The donor should also send a letter, on official letterhead, clarifying the recipient of the funding, the amount of the funding, what charges to which the funding is allowed to be applied, and what semesters to which the funding may be applied. The letter must also state the name, direct e-mail address and direct phone number to contact the donor.  The student must pay tuition and fees first, (unless otherwise stated on the letter), and then the student will be reimbursed after receipt of third party contribution.  Promise of contribution is unacceptable.
  5. Tuition Reimbursement – employers or the military may pay on a retroactive basis only.  That is, the student must pay tuition and fees (for the Session) first, and then receive reimbursement from the employer.  If the payment comes directly to John Wesley U after the class is over, the amount will be reimbursed to the student.
  6. VA Vocational Rehabilitation – will be billed by John Wesley University for qualified recipients.
  7. Veteran’s Benefit – John Wesley University is approved for training U.S. Military Veterans. Veterans who are interested in pursuing degrees at John Wesley University should contact the local office of the Department of Veterans Affairs for information regarding financial support for their education. Veterans should also notify the Registrar’s Office of their intent to pursue financial support from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Sources of educational support include:
    1. The Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30),
    2. VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31),
    3. Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35),
    4. Montgomery GI Bill for Reserve Component/National Guard Members (Chapter 1606), and
    5. The Post 911 GI Bill.

Additional information is available at the Department of Veterans Affairs’ website. Official copies of form DD214 and Letter of Eligibility must be on file in the Registrar’s Office, and copies of additional military experience and training (not included on form DD214) must be submitted to the Registrar for evaluation of academic credit, using the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services (American Council on Education). A Letter of Eligibility must also be on file in the Registrar’s Office.

Please direct questions regarding payments to Mrs. Mary Emily Kennon at 336.821.2476 or by email to

NOTE: Due to the ever-changing nature of financial aid, please consult John Wesley’s Financial Aid Office regarding the latest regulations and requirements for applying for financial aid.